- The Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians, and Romans.
- The ancient site covers an area of one square mile extending along the sea shore.
- There is still a large area awaiting excavation and this is forested with mimosa, pine and eucalyptus trees.
- The amphitheatre at Salamis originally held over 15,000 people.
- Modern concerts are still held there today.
- Next to the ruins of Salamis, Silver Beach is an ideal spot to combine a bit of culture and some serious sun-worshipping.
- Famagusta Famagusta is one of the finest examples of mediaeval architecture in the eastern Mediterranean.
- The oldest traces of settlements lie in an area near the modern town of Famagusta, then named "Enkomi", going back to 13th Century B.
- , the Bronze Age.
- At the start of the Iron Age the town was built near the sea and was known by the name "Salamis".
- The name "Ammochostos" is first recorded during the Byzantine period.
- In 1571 Famagusta was conquered by the Ottoman's.
- This region also has the island's most beautiful coastline.
- Local Amenities and Attractions Travelling Times Nearest market - 5 minute drive Chemist & Clinic - 10 minute drive İskele – 10 minutes Long Beach Area – 5 minutes’ walk Famagusta City – 10 minutes Karpaz Gate Marina – 50 minutes Karpaz Peninsular – 1 hour drive Ercan Airport – 40 minutes Larnaca Airport – 1 hr 10 min
- Property info
Property location is approximate.
Please contact the agent for further details.
For more information about this property, please contact Busy Bees Estate Agents Ltd, on 0[HIDDEN PHONE] * (local rate)
Contact Busy Bees Estate Agents Ltd about this property
Type of enquiry
Preferred Viewing Times (Optional)
Characters remaining: 500
- I have a property to sell
- I have a property to let
- I have an offer on my property
- I have recently sold
- I am a first-time buyer
- I am an investor/I'm hoping to invest
- I do not have a property to sell
Send a copy to my email address
I would like Horizon Currency to send me a free buying guide for this country
By submitting this form, you accept our Terms
click 'Send message' 'Request valuation', we will pass your personal data to the selected estate agents so that those agents can respond to your
request for information or to arrange a viewing.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Busy Bees Estate Agents Ltd, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Busy Bees Estate Agents Ltd for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
Busy Bees Estate Agents Ltd
(view all properties)
Ada Karanfilli sokak No.3, Bogaz Iskele, Mersin
0[HIDDEN PHONE] *
Save to favourites
Print this page
Email a friend
Add a note
Share this property
- Slavery Statement
- Agents & Developers
- Display advertising
- Contact us
© 2022 Zoopla Limited. All rights reserved.
Data on sold house prices provided by Land Registry/Registers of Scotland. © Crown copyright 2022.
- New construction
- Swimming pool