A rare opportunity to acquire a unique high-altitude chalet (this property has only had three owners in its 70-year history) with the option to remodel and extend into a modern and outstanding property with a mix of residential and commercial use. La Grande Ourse located one mile high, idyllically situated on the incredible Mont Chery Mountain, Les Gets.
- The panoramic views breathtakingly sweep all around with Mt.
- Blanc majestically jewelling this unique crown.
- Historically it is acclaimed as one of the ﬁrst high altitude restaurants, built in 1938, in the Haute Savoie Alps.
- It is this unique view of Mont Blanc, regarded as the best in the Alps, that gives an investment opportunity to purchase a real ‘one off’ unique location.
- View google 3D tour Empty for 15 years and taking some four years to renovate, the three storied La Grande Ourse affords a unique opportunity to live a completely different lifestyle.
- There are only four permissions granted for vehicle access to this conservation area, La Grande Ourse being one of those privileged few. Included with this purchase are the ‘tools’ required to maximize this dream location: Two ski-doos, a modern piste bully with 20-seater cabin and an all-terrain four by four. The present owners enjoy a privileged lifestyle that includes skiing, snowboarding, parascending, mountain biking, motor biking, white water rafting and simple mountain walks and picnics.
- Without doubt its position alone on the mountain has generally been acclaimed as one of the most exceptional in the World.
- The property also has stunning ‘owners’ accommodation on the top ﬂoor that could potentially be extended down to the second ﬂoor turning it into a unique home not to be repeated in the French Alps.
- Renovation of the property ranges from the stone cladding of the lower exterior walls with Italian granite, using local artisans, to the warmly beautiful Austrian pine wood clad interior. This has been an incredibly complex process with extensive use made of the local helicopter service to bring materials to the site.
- The current layout offers the top Penthouse two-bedroomed apartment for the private use of the owners.
- With a designer stone wood burner and modern contrasting kitchen.
- On the first ﬂoor is a Restaurant Gastronomic with its incredible views, there is a large rustic open wood burning ﬁre, seating for ninety covers inside and an additional 100 covers on the outside terrace.
- Complete catering kitchen and wash area.
- The ground ﬂoor comprises of a charming bistro, again with small wood burning ﬁre, a second complete commercial kitchen, and all ancillary units such as walk-in fridge and freezer. There is also an Apartment and adjoining storage area/garage.
- Les Gets is less than 50 miles (80km) from Geneva Airport (approx.
- -hour by car).
- Cluses is the nearest train station.
- Les Gets is one of the easiest Alpine ski resorts to drive to from Northern Europe.
- Property info
- Image 15
- Image 20
- Image 21
Property location is approximate.
Please contact the agent for further details.
For more information about this property, please contact Sphere Estates, NW1 on [HIDDEN PHONE] * (local rate)
Contact Sphere Estates about this property
Type of enquiry
Preferred Viewing Times (Optional)
Characters remaining: 500
- I have a property to sell
- I have a property to let
- I have an offer on my property
- I have recently sold
- I am a first-time buyer
- I am an investor/I'm hoping to invest
- I do not have a property to sell
Send a copy to my email address
I would like to receive a FREE currency quotation from Global Reach
By submitting this form, you accept our Terms
click 'Send message' 'Request valuation', we will pass your personal data to the selected estate agents so that those agents can respond to your
request for information or to arrange a viewing.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page, with the exclusion of Running Costs data, are marketing materials provided by Sphere Estates, and do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Sphere Estates for full details and further information. The Running Costs data displayed on this page are provided by PrimeLocation to give an indication of potential running costs based on various data sources. PrimeLocation does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions, related information or Running Costs data provided here.
(view all properties)
Acre House, 11/15 William Road, London, NW1 3ER
[HIDDEN PHONE] *
Save to favourites
Print this page
Email a friend
Add a note
Share this property
- Slavery Statement
- Agents & Developers
- Display advertising
- Contact us
© 2022 Zoopla Limited. All rights reserved.
Data on sold house prices provided by Land Registry/Registers of Scotland. © Crown copyright 2022.
- New construction